For the New Season Ahead (2020)
With the 2020 approaching fast , all preparations and the initial stockings have been completed. Many thanks to all those who gave up their time attending work parties..
Please note , at the AGM,after discussion members decided that
- Membership fees will be marginally increase to cover the increasing costs of fish
- No bales will be placed in the Loch .
- No extension of the hessian matting to widen the path from the boathouse to the main basin of the Loch is done
Note - Existing members must pay, in full, for their 2020 season ticket prior to the start of the 2020 season,
if this does not happen we will assume that you do not want to retain your membership and individuals on the waiting list will be offered membership
Special Notice When fishing catch and release-
- Boobies must not be used
- Use knotless rubberized landing nets
- Net the fish as soon as possible (play the fish hard with a good bent rod - playing fish lightly just exhausts them reducing the chance of good recovery)
- Never bring the fish into the boat - keep the fish in the net and the net in the water.
- Avoid handling fish - use forceps to remove hook - gripping the hook close to the fish's mouth
- Fish should be kept in the net in the water , giving them enough time to recover , before letting the fish swim out of the net.